MY SEARCH ENGINE

Friday, March 29, 2019

Panzer Elite Ostpak Version II By Daskal

Possibly one of the best tank warfare simulators ever to be created, Steel Fury is also a candidate, though, for me Panzer Elite is my first choice. The huge variety of theatres, missions and machines alone is reason enough. You are able to fight the war from 1939 through to 1945, if you and crew survive.




Ostpak is my favourite to play, especially the early years, I think it was originally called the blitz pack. There are such great collection of models created by the rivet counters that made up Panzer Elites community.




I have changed very little with regards to their models, I have, where possible added new 3d wheels to all of the vehicles also some model additions, luggage and other subtle improvements for those vehicles involved in the early war years in the battle for the East.




It was my love of this early war version of Panzer Elite that I recall as one of my earlier encounters with PE in the late 90's and with the help of Brit44 and Slomo I was able to modernise the panzer's on both sides to give me a more enjoyable experience.




When Daskal asked for the models to add to Ostpak I was happy for them to see the light of day, as my many attempts to get Slomo to help me revamp Ostpak where put on the back burner while he finished Normandy44 and the desert missions.

So Daskal stepping up was very fortuitous for me, Ostpak and Panzer Elite





Link Ostpak 2

Panzer Elite continues with a refreshed instalment of Ostpak, thanks to Daskal.

Brit44Aldo for keeping the game alive and working on modern machines and countless other tasks, without him there is no Panzer Elite today.

Also the many contributors that went into making Ostpak, some of whom are no longer with us, rest in peace dear brothers in arms.

Alas my very dear friend Chris Slomo Williams has now passed away, rest in peace.








No comments: